Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's been confirmed.....

For those of you that have been thinking this for years, it has been medically confirmed - I have a screw loose! Hence the reasoning for getting to wear this lovely neck brace. For those that aren't aware, with the surgery that I had the end of July, they put a plate in my neck which is attached with four small screws. Apparently, the doctors were able to see that one of the screws had loosened on the x-ray from last week. I'm not exactly sure how wearing the neck brace is going to tighten the screw - maybe there are magical creatures living in the brace that can magnetically tighten things while I'm sleeping!

On a different note (yes, I'm trying to turn the subject away from me), last night, Monique and I took Tommy to WalMart to look for some cleats for football (he's playing flag football in 7th grade). While waiting for some assistance, we were reading the directions for forming his mouthguard. Part of what we read was "with one hand, hold the mouthguard in the boiling water for ..... seconds. (Use a second hand for an accurate count (yes, it really says this on the packaging)). At this point, my sarcastic self felt the need to explain to Tommy that this would be the second hand on a clock or watch. To this, his comment was, "Oh! that makes sense, I was going to use my other hand to count with!" (his second hand). We needed that little laugh!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Only one screw Loose? very good. You have heard of the rice krispy elves haven't you? Snap, Crackle, & Pop. Well they are the one probably trying to tighten that bolt. That's why it takes 6 weeks.
Love your pictures. Looks like you have a wonderful life. Keep up the good work.