Yesterday was the first day of school! What a happy day (at least for Monique and I)! And even though I'm sure the kids would deny it, there was excitement in the air emanating from them as well. After enjoying nice quiet mornings for most of the summer, I was able to experience the hustle/bustle of kids starting their day. Monique was patiently awaiting her turn to get ready for the day. Wendy asked the night before if I was going to fix breakfast for the first day of school. I laughed pretty hard over that one - guess it didn't happen. I did, however, make their lunches (and that is something I really don't care to do (I must admit, that Monique was going to make their lunches, but I told her I would do it)). I even made Steve's for work (what's one more when you're already doing it?)!
As you can tell, the expressions on their faces speak volumes: Tyler - Oh man! I can't believe I'm getting up this early to go to school. Wendy - Isn't this fun & exciting?! Tommy - yep - I'm a ladies man alright! Ryan - What? School? Today? Just kidding - I knew that! And of course, Sammy is once again left behind to hold the fort down.
All in all, it turned out to be a good day for all of them. Tyler's classes, even though they sound dumb, might turn out to be pretty cool (his words, not mine). Wendy was excited to start seminary and to be in the midst of everything again. Tommy has a locker this year, so it's all good! Ryan said his teacher is actually pretty cool! Do you think we can keep them this happy and excited all year?!
No comments:
Post a Comment