Well, thanks to our neighbors John & Lynnette, our front yard has received a makeover. The sod that was originally put down was not very good, and no matter how much weed & feed and watering was done, the lawn still looked quite sad. Lynnette did some research and found some type of grass that would do extremely well in this part of the country. Last week, they rented a rototiller and John found that it was much easier to go all the way across our front yard as well, instead of trying to stop and turn around half way across (it was previously agreed that we would participate in the yard makeover). And wearing a neck brace DOES have its advantages, as they took pity on me and restricted me from doing too much of the work! So, here are the before (above) and after (below) pictures of our front yard makeover....(maybe this will make our Gladys Kravitz nosy, wench of neighbor a little bit happy)!
But, riddle me this...
Why is it that the tree in our front yard can look like this...
And the neighbors across the street have a tree that looks like this?...
I'm having a problem understanding this!
2 comments:
It must be a lot cooler on your side of the street!!!!! But keep on smiling, we think that your front yard looks great. Love
Mam and Dad (the Dutch ones)
I hope since you couldn't help your neighbor a lot with laying the sod on your yard, that at least you opened the windows and doors and played the piano while he was working. That is how you helped me when I had yard work to do. Now I especially enjoy remembering the music coming from the house that made the hoeing, etc. more enjoyable. You should be so grateful for the talent you have.
Love, Dad and Mom Robinson
P.S. I love the way you write. I agree with Monique's parents that you should write a book, or at least a journal of your comings and goings with your family.
Post a Comment