The other evening, my sister and I were playing phone tag. When it was my turn to tag her, Caleb, her six year old, answered the phone. Here is how the conversation went:
UD (Uncle Doug): What are you doing?
C (Caleb): I was on my way to play Star Wars Lego's, but got interrupted by the phone ringing!
UD: Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt (note to self, try not to call Caleb when he is trying to do something).
C: Hey, I know who you are!
UD: Really?! Who am I?
C: Umm, Umm, ... you're Uncle Wally!
UD: ummm, nope! I'm not Uncle Wally.
C: But I know who you are! You are.. umm, umm, Uncle Alan!
UD: Nope!
C: But I know who you are!
UD: then who am I, if you really know who I am?!
C: Umm, Umm....
UD: I'm Uncle Doug!
C: Uncle Duck - I knew who you were! Laura said she used to call you "Uncle Duck"!
UD: I'm sure she did! Is Jillea home?
C: Not right now, she's at a meeting.
UD: Will you please let her know that I called?
C: I can't! I'll be in bed when she gets home!
UD: Okay! I'll just call her later then!
C: Maybe you should call tomorrow. Do you know when I get out of school?
UD: Probably about 3:00 or 3:30.
C: Maybe you should call about 10 or 15 minutes after that, 'cause then I'll be home!
UD: Okay! Have fun playing Lego's Star Wars Caleb!
C: It's not Lego's Star Wars - it's Star Wars Lego's!
UD: Sorry! Have fun playing Stars War Lego's (another note to self, get the names of things correct the first time).
If anybody needs to be entertained, just call Caleb for a few minutes. That should do the trick!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment