Monday, September 15, 2008

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission.......

Well, it came today! Steve's mission call. I think we have all been waiting on pins and needles hoping and praying for his mission call to come. When it didn't come over the weekend, Monique was a little put off thinking that she would need to wait for another week. Today, we both had the thought, that since Monique's pay stub wasn't in the mail on Saturday, that maybe Steve's mission call would have been there too! This afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the mail and found the "big, white envelope"!. I immediately called Monique and said, "I think his mission call is here! How close are you to being home? Should I give it to him, or not say anything and wait?" We agreed to wait at least until Monique got home. We did call Jon (Steve's friend) and had him come right over. When we told Steve his call was here, he decided to call a couple more friends to come over (including Alex, a non-member friend). We each had to guess a state and a country that we thought Steve might be called to. Finally, Steve opened the envelope and read that he had been called to serve in the Belgium Brussels/Netherlands Mission! What?! No way - certainly he couldn't be called to where his mom grew up and where I served my mission! Surely they wouldn't call him to a mission where he has so much family living! But, he is, indeed, going to serve in this mission and will learn his mother's native tongue! The ironic thing is, when Steve was younger and needed speech therapy, they told Monique not to teach him Dutch - now he will learn it! He will report to the MTC on Dec 17th!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephen, we are delighted that you are coming to the Belgium/Netherlands Mission.
Hope you will have a good time preparing yourself to come over. Love Opa and Oma.

Darla said...

That is so wonderful. What a blessing. Maybe you can go pick him up. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

steve congrats that will be so fun, I guess my food bill won't be going up the next two years since you didn't get called to the provo ut mission

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephen,
Everytime I call, you are not at home so I can congratulate you on your mission call. That is especially wonderful. We are glad to have you as part of our family and are thrilled for you to have this choice experience.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Robinson