Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wendy's Car Care..................

Another monumental experience for Wendy has occured. Monday, while running around with Mom and Dad Stigter, we went to take Wendy home (she didn't want to run errands with us). When we arrived at the house, we noticed that the back tire on the car that she drives (notice that I did not call it her car) had a low tire. We had Wendy follow us to the gas station so I could show her how to put air in her tire. This was not as simple as one would think, as the first gas station had something jammed in the machine, so we couldn't purchase air (and what a ridiculous concept this is - purchasing air). We then went to the gas station across the street - they have free air there! We (Opa and I) showed Wendy how to put air in her tires. We checked and filled all four tires. Dad asked if we should check the air pressure in the spare, to which I said, naw, it won't be necessary. We did tell Wendy to watch her tire to see if it goes low again, as we might need to get it repaired. Wendy went on her way, and we continued on ours.

Last night as we drove up to the house, I noticed that the tire was low again. Actually, it was flat. I went to get the keys to the car so I could change the tire, but Monique went to get Wendy so she could change the tire - why didn't I think of that?! I started to loosen the lug nugts and Monique kept telling me to let Wendy do it. I mentioned that I was just loosening them, to which she replied with, "Are you going to be there on the side of the road if she happens to get a flat tire?" I backed up and let Wendy take over. It was quite the show. Wendy learning how to change a tire with four other people gathered around - one being the photographer.

Here is proof that Wendy was changing the tire........



And here is Wendy's pit crew - minus the photographer...



Good job Wendy! Maybe one of these days you can teach the boys how to change a tire, too!

Did I mention that when the spare was on, it was low on air, too?! I think I'll follow Dad's suggestions a little closer next time. But at least I knew that I could get free air!

3 comments:

Mason Family said...

You can come get air at my house. we have a compressor.

shandy said...

I've changed a tire too. It left me stranded in Lyman, WY. Totally over-rated. I was wearing khakis at the time. They were still khaki when I finished. I was impressed. I'm impressed with Wendy too. Good work.
PS My parents gave me a portable air compressor for Christmas one year, it just hangs out in my trunk.

Anonymous said...

视讯主播排行榜 , 美女视讯直播 , 韩国视讯聊天室 , 一对一聊天室 , 日本视讯聊天 , 秀女聊天室 , 视频表演聊天室 , 台湾视讯ut , 台湾视讯聊天室破解 , 成人视频