Here are a few of the highlights.....
Wendy and her flat iron! Now maybe she can actually straighten her hair here at home instead of needing to go to Camille's to do her hair! Oh, seriously, what am I thinking - she'll still go to Camille's!
Tyler loves anything spicy! When Mrs. Claus came across this set of hot sauces, she knew it would be a hit!
Tommy loves the outdoors - hunting, fishing, playing, etc. UglyStik is the brand of fishing rod - it's not what we actually hit him with (tempting? yes, but we don't)!
Ryan is the sweets lover in the family. Any chance possible, he is wanting to bake a dessert (which is usually brownies - and heaven forbid if there isn't a brownie mix in the pantry). His facial expression shows his excitement! And guess what? We did NOT have a brownie mix in the pantry! Oh, the horrors!
Not that Monique needs help when it comes to beauty, but she did want a new curling iron. She was a little frustrated the first couple of days using this new contraption - she claims she needs help with coordination. She must have mastered it, as she was able to get ready for work today and looked beautiful when I came home from work this evening!
I was spoiled this year and got a Kindle! I believe that the serious expression on my face is me contemplating which book to download first!
I love spending the day with the family. It was great to be able to speak with Steve that day, too.
Most of all, I love reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas and the gift that has been given to all of us by our Savior. One of my favorite CHRISTMAS THINGS is the story about the boy practicing to be the gruff innkeeper and turning Joseph and Mary away from the inn. As they are walking away, he cries out, "Wait! Joseph, come back! You can have my room." If only we could all be as giving and selfless as Christ wants us to be. I think we need to have more of Christmas throughout the year to help us remember. I really don't see anything wrong with singing Silent Night in April!
Most of all, I love reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas and the gift that has been given to all of us by our Savior. One of my favorite CHRISTMAS THINGS is the story about the boy practicing to be the gruff innkeeper and turning Joseph and Mary away from the inn. As they are walking away, he cries out, "Wait! Joseph, come back! You can have my room." If only we could all be as giving and selfless as Christ wants us to be. I think we need to have more of Christmas throughout the year to help us remember. I really don't see anything wrong with singing Silent Night in April!
1 comment:
I love that story also. Merry Christmas to you all and also Happy New Year from us Ohioans.
Post a Comment