Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Wendy! Sweet 16!!

Okay, so it's been nearly a week since Wendy's birthday, but I haven't forgotten. And for proof that we do start birthdays early at our house, check out this photo.........

I know - it's purely evil of me to post this, but I couldn't resist!

Her birthday was a very busy day. Like I said, we started early (approx. 4:50 A.M.)! We had to allow time for the family choir to perform and also to open presents! Then she was off to seminary and school. She also had a soccer game after school. Her birthday dinner, therefore, wasn't until 7:00 P.M.. Her friend, Shannon, tagged along with us - obviously, dinner with just her mom and I wasn't fulfilling enough! She was disappointed that the staff at the restaurant didn't sing to her (I mean, you would think that the family singing to you would be adequate)! Needless to say, some people were a little too full for cake and ice cream when we got home.

Friday evening, was the big exciting 'friends' party! Fortunately for Wendy, her brothers all had someplace else to be, so they weren't home to ruin the evening for her. Monique and I were still at home though, so I'm sure we made it awkward enough (just fulfilling our roles as parents)! I do believe that everyone had an enjoyable time. Even the neighbor calling the cops on a couple of the kids didn't dampen the mood!

Wendy - Happy Belated Birthday!

Love you!

No comments: