Saturday, June 27, 2009

Botany Boy.....

A couple of months ago, a friend of Tyler's gave him a plant! Yeah - right! What is an 18 year old young man going to do with a plant?! I was rather curious to see how long this would last - I could just picture another dead plant at our house (okay - dead plants don't happen very often (at least plants that I like)). Surprisingly, Tyler has nurtured this plant - watered, trimmed and who knows what all else. If he was out of town for a weekend he would ask us to water his plant (not an easy task, since it is in his room - a place where we don't like to venture into very often - usually only out of necessity). He left a couple of days ago to go to his dad's for a couple of weeks. He asked Monique before he left if she would take care of his plant. Yesterday afternoon, he called me to ask if I would take care of his plant. He did mention that he asked his mom, but figured that she would forget. I went to water his plant this morning and this is what I found.......


Good job Tyler! I'm very impressed with the care that you have given to the plant! it looks great!

3 comments:

Mason Family said...

i think we know what his career move should be then.

Darla said...

Amazing. i tried to keep one of those alive once and it died really quick and I never did get a blossom. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Tyler, good job on caring for your plant, and then caring enough about it to ask your folks to care it for it while you were gone. It is beautiful. Do you know what kind it is. Wish you were here to care for my plants inside and out. Some look pretty good, but others could use some TLC (Tuler's loving care. Tyler, we do love you. Grandpa & Grandma Robinson