Yes, before the sun even thinks of rising (usually about 5:15 or 5:30 A.M.), we are getting everybody in the house up to go in and sing (joyfully, I might add) Happy Birthday to the birthday person! Monique is in Boise for work, and when she reminded Ryan that she would not be home for his b-day, he informed me that I still needed to have everyone wake him up early on his birthday! So the Sticht Family Robinson Choir (minus Steve who is in the MTC), burst into the room to sing to the birthday boy! Monique was on speaker phone so she wouldn't miss out.
The excitement over his birthday has been building for days. Last night he informed us that it was his "Birthday Eve" (like an entire day isn't quite enough)! I guess being the youngest, he has to take as much as he can!
He followed Tommy's example and was slow in opening cards and presents (again to make it last as long as possible, I'm sure). His dad sent him a musical card (much to Tyler's annoyance). Grandma and Grandpa Robinson sent a card with money (a NEW five dollar bill, 'cause it is still fresh, as Ryan explained). He also got some attachments for the Wii remotes (golf club, tennis racket, baseball bat), a massager, and Mario Kart! Contrary to what the photo shows, Ryan was considerably more excited about Mario Kart.
Happy Birthday Ryan! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment