Wednesday, December 31, 2008

He's off to be a missionary....


Two weeks ago, we had the privilege (?) of taking Steve to the MTC. What an experience! The only thing I could think about was I don't know how my parents did that five times over! I also thought of my oldest brother and how fortunate for him that he only had to go through it once (he did take my parents to the MTC, but I would like to think that was completely different)! I think I was so overwhelmed, because I have only had Steve in my house for three and a half years, and it was hard enough; I can't imagine how difficult it is when you raise them from the beginning!
We were able to get one last photo of all the kids before heading to the airport..

Steve's friends went to the airport with us to say goodbye. What a crazy bunch of kids! And since our flight was delayed, they were able to stick around and keep Steve entertained (Monique and I would have just irritated him).

Wednesday morning, you could see the anxiety setting in. It's interesting how much somebody's eyes can actually reveal! Steve really wasn't saying very much, but his eyes spoke volumes - nervousness, excitement, apprehension. Another small blessing - Steve was able to meet up with his friend Adam that was going to BYU! Again, less time for Monique and I to totally irritate him!
And after a very quick and emotion filled hour, we said our goodbyes. We are anxious to hear of Steve's new "adventures" and of the growth and changes that will take place in his life.
Het beste Steve! We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will do great, he will be home irritating you before you know it.

Darla said...

MTC standf for mothers trauma center. In case you didn't know. I don't know how your parents did it with 5. I only had 2 and I didn't think I would live through the first one. Then the 2nd one hit and I was sure I wouldn't make it. Somehow I did. It is an amazing wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

En wij konden ze nog niet eens naar het MTC brengen..

Maar het vliegveld was ver genoeg!!

Mam en Dad