On our way to the Polynesian Cultural Center, we drove through the campus of BYU Hawaii, and then went to McDonald's for a quick lunch! McDonald's is right next to the cultural center, so it was rather convenient. And one of the perks to arriving early - front row parking! The cultural center was very interesting. There definitely is not enough time in one day to do everything. The pictures below show a couple of the things that we did..........
Learning how to climb a palm tree, and I swear these Polynesians can climb these trees faster than monkeys!
There was a luau for dinner! They had entertainment throughout dinner. The food was really good, particularly the pork. And there was A LOT of food!

Dinner!

After dinner, we went to the big show - Ha, A Breath of Life. The kids all enjoyed this. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't for the man sitting next to me taking up half of my seat, and also for the guy in front of me that kept showing me his camera! Okay, maybe he wasn't exactly showing it to me, he kept holding it up in front of me while recording the show! Lucky for him, I was on my best behavior and was able to refrain from slapping him silly, and from taking his camera away from him. Both were certainly tempting.
It was a great day. And the best part is, we didn't have any flash floods! We had some rain as we were leaving McDonald's and driving to the cultural center. By the time we got out of the car, the rain had stopped, and we had great weather for the rest of the day!
Dinner!
After dinner, we went to the big show - Ha, A Breath of Life. The kids all enjoyed this. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't for the man sitting next to me taking up half of my seat, and also for the guy in front of me that kept showing me his camera! Okay, maybe he wasn't exactly showing it to me, he kept holding it up in front of me while recording the show! Lucky for him, I was on my best behavior and was able to refrain from slapping him silly, and from taking his camera away from him. Both were certainly tempting.
It was a great day. And the best part is, we didn't have any flash floods! We had some rain as we were leaving McDonald's and driving to the cultural center. By the time we got out of the car, the rain had stopped, and we had great weather for the rest of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment